Missouri Thorns and FC Missouri soccer clubs are proud to announce...
Missouri Thorns and FC Missouri soccer clubs are proud to announce the addition of another renowned player/coach/ trainer. Mike Slivinski has joined the club as a trainer and coach of several teams. As a youth, Mike was one of the most renowned players to ever come out of the St. Louis area. As a St. Charles native attending Francis Howell North High School, and University Of Virginia, Mike eclipsed several accomplishments. Some of these include:
- 1999 MLS CUP Champion – D.C. United
- 1999 MLS CUP Champion Runner Up – D.C. United
- 1998 CONCACAF CUP Champions – D.C. United
- 1998 INTERAMERICAN CUP Champion – D.C. United
- 1993 NCAA Division 1 Champion – University of Virginia
- 1992 HS Parade All American – Francis Howell North
- 1992 Missouri Player of Year
- 1992 National Player of Year Runner Up
- 1991 HS Parade All American – Francis Howell North
- 1991 At 16, Became Youngest Player ever to start for US MENS National Team
- 1991 U17 World Cup in Italy; Man of Match vs China
In addition to Mike’s playing career, his coaching career is almost as prolific. For the past 17 years, he has coached and trained youth of all ages. He has most recently added a 2015 National Futsal championship to his resume. Another coaching accomplishment of Mike’s is a Virginia State Championship boys team in 1999, and a runner up in 2000. Mike takes great pride in developing players into tomorrows champions! Missouri Thorns and FC Missouri are excited that Mike has joined us as we continue to build the best club in the area. For more information, please visit us at www.missourithorns.com or www.fcmissouri.com.